What you get when you enroll in this Firefighter I and Hazardous Materials Operations Course
24 hour online access to EMT & Fire Training Self Paced Learning Management System (LMS)
All of the didactic portion of the course is completed online in the LMS. This includes videos, quizzes, exams and interactive activities.
Textbook and Workbook for Firefighter I and Haz-Mat Operations
When you complete your enrollment your book/s are shipped from the publisher Jones & Bartlett. We are currently using Fundamentals of Firefighting Skills for the Firefighter course and using Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations for the Haz-Mat Operations course. We will be using the most up to date versions of the curriculum to ensure that you are obtaining the information you need to become an effective firefighter and pass the IFSAC exam.
• 24 hour Instructor Helpdesk.
Students can use email, live chat or the LMS chat system to communicate with instructors 24 hours a day. Typically a live instructor is only available during normal business hours, but leaving a message will ensure a prompt reply. In cases where a student needs to speak to an instructor by phone, we will be happy to arrange a time to call you.
• All Personal Protective Equipment is Provided
We understand that not everyone knows what is used by firefighters to protect them. EFT will provide all required equipment including but not limited to; Helmet, turnout coat, turnout pants, gloves, eye protection, boots, nomex hood, and self contained breathing apparatus. If you wish to use your own personal protective equipment it must meet current NFPA requirements for PPE
• 15 days of Hands on, Professional Instruction at our Training Facilities on Hayden Lake, Idaho
The final portion of the Firefighter and Haz-Mat course is the hands on instruction. Once the student has completed and passed the online course work they must attend and pass 15 days of hands on practical training. Dates for these trainings are available on the calendar as well as the enrollment form. You must choose a practical skills week to attend during the enrollment process. We are flexible with students changing their skills week as long as it is done 30 days or more prior to the scheduled week.See calendar for scheduled practical skills weeks
• AHA Health Care Provider CPR Certification.
This course includes a full AHA Health Care Provider CPR Course. You will be issued your AHA Health Care Provider CPR Card upon successfull completion. You must have this course as firefighter to fulfill NFPA 1001 requirements.
• All Meals Provided at EMT Training Center Lodge.
The food at the training center is exceptional. Not something you would expect from an fire training and EMS institution. Each student is provided 3 all you can eat meals a day. Common fare includes fresh deli sandwiches, chicken alfredo, fresh fruit salad, spring greens salad, burritos, brownies....the list goes on.* A vegetarian choice is provided at each meal.
• Snacks and Beverages available all day.
Student's don't just get hungry and thirsty at meal time so we provide granola bars, apples, oranges, bananas, juice, coffee, tea, water and soda all day.
• Indoor Heated Swimming Pool and Lakeside Jacuzzi.
Again not something you normally associate with a firefighting academy, but we have not had any complaints so far. The pool and the jacuzzi are available to students when not in training.
• Wi-Fi Provided at Training Center.
Students are encouraged to bring their laptop computers if they have one. Wi-Fi is available throughout the training center.
• 7 Fire Academy T-shirts, Pants and Belt.
100% cotton, pre-shrunk, it does not get any better than that. You will need to bring/purchase black boots.
• Liability Insurance.
EMT & Fire Training Inc. provides each student with liability insurance during the skill days while you are at our facilities. If your agency or institution requests, we will send a certificate of liability directly to them to verify your coverage.
• Firefighter Exam Preparation from Fire-Fighter-Exam.com
Fire-Fighter-Exam is an exam preparation website designed to assist aspiring firefighters with passing the fire department entrance exam. It also has questions that were derived from popular firefighting curriculums, designed to assist in helping firefighters pass the IFSAC certification exam. Question categories include FFI, FFII, Math, Grammar and Vocabulary, Hazardous Materials, Spatial and directional orientation, judgment and reasoning, and mechanical aptitude questions. You will have FREE access as long as you need it.
• Transportation to and from Spokane International Airport. (Sunday and Friday).
A shuttle bus or van depending on the class size will be waiting for students at the airport. The training center is about an hour away from the Spokane International Airport.
Firefighter I and Hazardous Materials Online Course
• Agreement to all terms of our Student Application Agreement. Please read this Application Agreement in full now. It is also presented during the enrollment process.
• Good computer skills. This class is not for those just learning how to navigate the internet.
• High speed internet connection for viewing video lectures and activities.
* EMT & Fire Training Inc. is a Proprietary School registered with the Idaho Department of Education. In addition, the school is recognized as a training institution by the Idaho Department of Emergency Medical Services.